Prepare yourself to reenter the tournament in the triumphant return ofMortal Kombat. A complete reboot of the franchise, this latest iteration combines all-new mature oriented fighter gameplay with a deep story mode, improved graphics and game technology and new game modes to create a Mortal Kombat play experience like none before it. Feature details include: a storyline that takes players back to the original tournament, 4 player tag-team kombat, 3D TV compatibility, fatalities presented in graphic detail never imagined in earlier releases, enhanced online functionality and more.
The Mortal Kombat Players Asked For
Having literally defined the mature game category, Mortal Kombat makes a triumphant return to its violent roots in the fastest and most brutal installment to date. Fighting game players will receive the Mortal Kombatthey've been asking for, with Fatalities presented in more detail than ever before.
Return to the original tournament to save the future in Mortal Kombat.
After centuries of Mortal Kombat, Emperor Shao Kahn has finally defeated Raiden and his allies. Faced with extinction, Raiden has one last chance to save Earthrealm. To undo the Emperor's victory, he must strike Shao Kahn where he is vulnerable… the Past.
Key Game Features
- Mature Presentation - Fatalities make a triumphant return to their original violent form as Mortal Kombat gives its fans what they've been demanding. Graphic details, never before possible are presented with the most sophisticated graphics engine in MKhistory.
- All-New Gameplay - By returning to its classic 2D fighting plane, mature presentation, and up to 4 player tag-team kombat; Mortal Kombat introduces an all new fighting mechanic that's both accessible and provides the depth that fighting game players look for.
- Deep Story Mode - Mortal Kombat offers the deepest story mode of any fighting game. Players are taken back to the original Mortal Kombat tournament where they try to alter the events of the past in an attempt to save the future.
- Graphics & Technology - Characters, environments and fatalities have never been presented with as much gory detail as in this next generation Mortal Kombat. From internal organs to the most "realistic" blood effects, Kombat has never looked this good.
- New Game Modes - In addition to an enhanced online feature set,Mortal Kombat introduces Co-op arcade mode and many additional modes to be announced in the upcoming months.
A deep story mode.
Enhanced online features.
Even more graphic fatalities.
Here's The Game